C++ Software Engineer - Marketing Innovation
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 161335
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive experiences out there. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Marketing Innovation team is focused on bringing never before seen experiences to players that are linked to our games and campaigns. An important part in this is the role of technology, and how it creates that link between players and the worlds we create.
To maximize this power and promote this vision we are looking for a Software Engineer to help create the next big thing. If you share the same passion, apply today and you might become the next member of an extraordinary team that is cutting a new path in the industry, reporting to the Technical Director.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Work with an experienced team of software engineers to bring the vision of senior product designers to life.
- Work with cutting edge technologies, developing and integrating them into our applications.
- Design and write well structured, enterprise level code that runs and controls the applications, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code where necessary
- Prototype new mechanics to proof out designs and thought processes.
- Design technical designs for application systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new features.
- Work with, and develop for, our proprietary real-time game engine Frostbite alongside other real-time engines across the industry.
The next great EA Software Engineer will need:
- Experience with real-time game engines.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience years with web, C++ and object-oriented design and implementation
- 5+ years experience
- Knowledge of ML and A.I. architecture, character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other Gameplay-related systems
- Follow development best practices
- Understanding of multi-threaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Understanding of performance implication of systems & algorithms with a view to constant improvement
- Experience translating infrastructure requirements into AWS solutions (and others)
- Excellent debugging experience
- The ability to take on the unknown
- Partner with a variety of audiences
- Work with in-house teams and vendors
Nice To Have Skills:
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating new experiences around top-quality games
- Familiar in working on a mobile platform (iOS, Android)
- Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
- Knowledge in a second field, such as physics or mathematics
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer - Marketing Innovation
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-08 16:57:12.08
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.