Senior Data Scientist
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 161333
Position Title: Data Scientist II
Data Scientist - EADP Central Engineering
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
You will Report to Director of Engineering
What Would You Do
Gaming is the largest entertainment sector in the world and social features within games fast-becoming essential to the player experience. You will build a platform that monitors player behaviour and fosters a safe and fun environment for friends and families to express themselves and play together. Build a large-scale platform using data science and machine learning techniques for detection and removal of harmful content. You will work with the game teams to detect and report/remove cheating, unfair practices. and encourage fair play through positive reinforcement techniques. Through continuous learning, you will progressively work towards reducing moderator workload and improve efficiency.
- You will work with product managers, game teams, scrum masters, architects, tech leads, quality engineers and infrastructure engineers across the US and other geographies.
- You will work with PMs, Game Teams, Architects, Network and Systems engineers to understand needs and build the solution.
- You will develop data models, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms.
- Understand the game/service features and relation to experimental methods and measurement.
- Ensure all solutions being developed are well documented with proper technical specifications, testable and maintainable.
- Translate game/business understanding into recommendations on data/analytics to evaluate feature performance.
- Provide data, analytical and statistical guidance for the business.
- Translate answers to direct business problems into workable quantitative modelling solutions.
- Work in an Agile, Scrum-based on Minimum Viable Product(MVP)
- Communicate progress and issues with program and product teams across the organisation.
- Prototype new technology that fits use cases/problems and validate against success criteria.
- Integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
Gaming is the largest entertainment sector in the world and social features within games fast-becoming essential
- Bachelor or master's degree in computer science or Statistics or Related Field from Tier I institutions
- 6+ years experience in Data Modelling, Machine Learning, and related domains
- Deep experience working in Natural Language Processing (NLP), intelligent search, and text/image analytics.
- Top-notch programming skills in Python/R/Scala
- Strong Experience in visualising and manipulating big datasets.
- Experience in Distributed Computing and Data Processing Techniques
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience working in Agile development methodologies.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution oriented individual
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with an eagerness to constantly learn.
- Strong sense of ownership/'can do' attitude.
- Experience working in a distributed global team.
- Experience in modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools (Kafka, Flink, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra) and demonstrated experience designing and coding in bigdata components
- Experience developing products on AWS or other platforms.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-09 21:38:03.93
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.