Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 161318
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Sr Technical Architect - EADP Central Engineering
EA is the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, Apex Legends, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. EA is committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console —to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. That means more opportunities to unleash your computing genius.
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Our mission is to build a platform that is compatible across multiple platforms and devices and empower teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. Our platform is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow the game developers to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
As a Sr. Architect, you will be a senior technical member of the central engineering team. You will make important technology decisions and build high-quality products.
Location Hyderabad, India.
You will report to Director Engineering.
- You will architect and develop massively scalable services, solutions and platforms with stellar performance
- Provide technology roadmap and direction for platforms, products and features
- Improve for simplicity and low maintenance
- You will work with distributed teams and provide amazing experiences to the players
- Improve technical excellence amongst team members by mentoring them
- Lead and accomplish company wide technology projects in partnership with other architects
- Provide accurate estimates on deliverables for yourself and help team on the same
- You will find and address technology risks during early stages of development
- You will provide architectural guidance and inputs for Quality Assurance, Load/Performance Testing, Capacity Planning.
- Review design and code for adherence to architecture, security compliance and coding standards
- Institutionalize best practices across teams and also borrow from others
- You will identify the right choice of technologies for solving the problem to minimize time, money and maximize efficiency
- You will be the last level in the escalation chain for resolving technical issues
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science from Tier I institutions
- You have 12+ years’ overall IT experience and 6+ years of architect experience in J2SE and J2EE technologies
- Experience architecting and deploying high-volume, high transaction-based, distributed and redundant web applications
- You have command over Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, Service Registry/Discovery, gRPC, Load Balancing, Caching and other commonly used tools and techniques for building performance distributed systems on the cloud.
- Sound knowledge in SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB and Cassandra
- Experience in Kafka, Amazon SNS, Elasticsearch, Redis, and Memcached.
- Good knowledge in building CI/CD pipelines using Docker, Jenkins & Kubernetes
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Architect
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-09 21:40:00.57
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.