Lead, Global Social Channel Engagement - FIFA, NHL, UFC
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161297
Position Title: Manager, Global Community Engagement
The Community Activation Team connects with the voices of EA’s 300+ million players playing our roster of global games. The team’s mission is to build healthy communities via authentic experiences designed to engage, inform, and empower to create and ignite social advocacy at scale.
The Lead, Global Social Media Engagement plays a key role in the transition from Marketing Communications Strategy into social channels engagement via assets and creative voice for some of the largest gaming brands in the world, including FIFA, NHL, UFC. Informed by the Marketing & Communications Strategy and Activation plans, the Lead, Global Social Media Engagement will manage a team of 3-5 individuals focused on real-time player engagement strategy and execution, building connections to EA’s social community through two-way communication that creates mass awareness and interest.
The Lead, Global Social Channel Engagement will oversee the development of social communication plans for external franchise channels, partnering with internal and external creative teams to brief and manage asset development and craft creative copy aligned with EA and specific franchise brand voices. The Lead, Global Social Media Engagement manages franchise teams that are responsible for the social media calendar and will guide teams to coordinate briefs, assignments, schedules and assets for distribution. As part of this process, is a reviewer of proposed real-time content activation and provides detailed feedback prior to production and distribution. This role is also responsible for maintaining the quality and performance of franchise social channels. This role reports into the Director, Global Social Media Engagement.
The ideal leader has a passion for video games, social media, storytelling, creating fun and engaging content, and coaching, inspiring, developing and empowering a medium-sized people organization. Creativity and an eye for good content and stories are a must, and the person who has a knack for catching and surfing trends and topics that will excite players and create dialogue will be successful in this role.
- Lead a team of 3-5 individuals; proven abilities to develop, mentor, coach and inspire team members across geographies.
- Drive the development and execution of compelling social media and editorial content strategies for a portfolio of EU or NA Games.
- Consistently communicate trends, shifts, opportunities, and statuses with cross-functional teams and partners.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with internal teams (Development, Brand, Marketing Communications, Legal, Finance).
- Use tools and technology to improve social content performance and identify the most appropriate trends & topics of interests for the community of EA players & fans to meet campaign objectives and business challenges.
- Oversee and manage social media campaigns & promotions with internal/external. partners including third party console manufacturers and partner brands.
- Develop comprehensive reporting to articulate social media campaigns’ impact.
- Execute annually, monthly and campaign specific social media budgets & optimize spend based on business objectives.
- 6+ years in the Entertainment space with proven experience delivering successful social media engagement programs across the most popular channels.
- Experience in building influencer or social content led branded programs ideal, or previous experience developing marketing strategies and/or marketing activation plans.
- Expertise with video and livestream and social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch and other emerging social platforms (Giphy, Tik-Tok...).
- Experience leveraging behavioral, demographic & psychographic data to create & optimize content.
- Passion for the sports culture.
- Open to international travel on a regular basis when travel re-opens.
As part of your application, please provide:
- A short write-up about your motivation and qualifications for the space and the role - we care to hear about the games you love playing and the things that inspire you outside of work. We are a team of gamers and creative minds!
- A PDF that showcases recent content / programs you are the most proud of with a sense of scale / impact / performance.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead, Global Social Channel Engagement - FIFA, NHL, UFC
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-23 15:42:48.43
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.