Manager, eSports Analytics
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161259
Position Title: Manager, Analytics
Manager, Esports Analytics
We are looking for a Manager to lead the Competitive Gaming Analytics team based in Redwood Shores, supporting teams across the division. You will work together with division leaders and analysts to determine the value of competitive gaming at EA, inform strategic game design and feature decisions, and improve the viewing experience. You will help partners determine viewership metrics to use for eSports-related content, educate them to better understand the analyses, and provide applicable recommendations.
You will work with diverse teams including League Operations and Management, Commercialization, Broadcast, and Analytics team members in Marketing Analytics and Studio Analytics. You will create influence across different teams, and for mentoring, developing and leading a team of analysts on projects across multiple franchises and business models. You will report to the Sr. Manager of Marketing Analytics within EA’s Marketing and Commercial Insights organization.
What a Manager of Esports Analytics does at EA:
- Lead a team of analysts by providing guidance, development and mentorship
- Establish relationships and influence partners across Competitive Gaming Division and Executive team using top quality insights
- Use business sense to help senior partners shape their questions and translate business questions into measurable metrics and actionable steps
- Set a vision and roadmap for the team based on an understanding of partners’ needs to achieve maximal impact
- Communicates clearly with team members and partners, with the ability to translate partners' requirements into clear analytics deliverables, then turn results into compelling stories and insights in a clear, understandable, and valuable way
- Find new opportunities to explore data to improve the player experience, improve the product, increase incremental revenue and reduce costs across all portfolio
- Prioritize opportunities for analysts based on impact and timeline, and allocate resources accordingly
- Promote collaboration across Studio Analytics, Data Science, Marketing Analytics, Consumer Insights, and User Experience Research
- Document analysis projects, methodologies, and conclusions. Encourage knowledge sharing across teams
- Excellent people leadership qualities including managing and developing high potential employees
- Comfortable partnering with and influencing diverse partners including senior executives
- A passion to drive results and affect meaningful change, and views challenges as opportunities
- Comfortable guiding analysts through both technical and non-technical work, anticipating the questions from partners to get analysts prepared, and giving directions for solutions
- Seek opportunities to make the function and business better
- BS or equivalent degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, or a related field (MS preferred)
- 5+ years of professional experience with demonstrated experience applying analytics to real-world problems
- 3+ years of experience in a consumer products-oriented industry; or gaming, entertainment, or e-commerce
- Minimum of 2 years of managing teams of data scientists or analysts with technical background
- Experience with statistics and modeling to understand the work, ask the right questions and provide guidance to analysts
- Experience with experimental design and the determination of the statistical significance of findings
- Experience in advertising and sponsorship revenue attribution and financial planning is a plus
- Experience with viewership and audience insights is a strong plus
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, eSports Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-05 17:18:11.99
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.