Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 161149
Position Title: Executive Producer
At EA SPORTS we are committed to our vision to grow the love of sports! From authentic experiences to new explorations of fun for our players, we are always delivering games and services that provide competition for all, offer a variety of ways (both personal and social) to self-express and connect, and embrace the culture and lifestyle of sports and its experts. The Executive Producer, reporting to the VP/GM of EA Tiburon is an essential leadership role that uses in-depth industry knowledge built by years of experience to grow a vision for one or multiple franchises, promote our growth, achieve new opportunities, create long-term strategic plans, and meet expectations all while aiming, inspiring, and leading a team of accomplished video game professionals. We inspire the world to play, and we want you to be a part of it.
- You will run the product vision by ensuring clarity around what is intended to be created and built from idea cultivation to market delivery.
- Mentor senior leaders on the team and build a bench for succession purposes.
- Lead a multi-functional organization to accomplish a quality product, on time, and on budget while exceeding player expectations.
- Provide people management for a organization, maintaining team health and engagement throughout the development cycle.
- Oversee P&L and contract for assigned franchise(s) and achieves against agreed-upon metrics (e.g., dev costs, operating contribution, gross margin, contracted services, resource ramps) each fiscal year.
- Make decisions (inclusive of licensing, product, and priorities) based on data and expertise.
- Build, foster, and grow partnerships across leaders within the organization to aid team in delivery of successful products and their services.
- Determine the strategic approach for essential metrics for the franchise at both a tactical (daily operational level) and at a strategic level (predictive analytics to forecast future states).
- Represent the franchise creatively in franchise reviews, global publishing meetings, and major media interactions, and provides executive leadership at gate reviews within our game development framework (GDF).
- Oversee multi-year planning of product and new business opportunities for assigned franchise(s).
- Work with GM leadership and Executive staff on supporting a strategic vision to grow the franchise(s) long term.
- Work with major licensors to guarantee a strategic partnership with EA; participate in contract and license renewal discussions.
- Think Players/Gamers first; play the game to evaluate the player experience.
- Plays games relevant to the business to converse with team in relation to vision and to use important findings to make decisions about the game and business.
- Study everything in the space (games, business models, mechanics, technology) to discuss with peers, partners, team members, and leadership..
- Exemplify leadership and behaviors to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- 10+ years of experience as a Producer (at least 3 in a senior-level role) in a structured video game environment, with SPORTS game experience
- In-depth knowledge of the industry, genre, business models, and competition
- Expert-level speaking/presenting skills
- Direct people management experience leading large product teams
- Collaborate well with others, while respectfully leading discussions in area of focus
- Develop strategic and operational plans
- Passion for video games and interactive entertainment
- Experience in organizational and talent development preferred
- Experience with change management program
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Producer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-27 12:18:15.843
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.