Sr. Level Designer (Apex Legends)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161036
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Apex Legends | Level Designer
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! We’re looking for a Level Designer to join our passionate Apex Legends team at our Vancouver location.
We are looking for someone who’s excited to contribute to our team culture and share his/her hard-earned expertise to create memorable and intuitive maps. We’re picturing someone who is creative and has strong level design sensibilities, who can invent and execute, and who values providing players with a fun experience as much as we do.
What you’ll do...
- Create and own large scale multiplayer maps iterating though gameplay blockouts in a live playtest environment
- Work closely with all disciplines – code, art, design, audio, animation, FX – to create fully playable maps
- Work within pre-defined metrics of an established game world with a growing set of competitive gameplay mechanics in a live environment
- Be forward thinking and pro-active in terms of finding ways to improve the players experience through map design with minimal direction.
- Embody pragmatic game development values – values prioritization and making hard trade-offs and choices.
- Champion a gameplay first mentality while helping realize the creative vision for taking players to new worlds
- Be an advocate for improving the design of the map creation tool set & workflow.
- Establish best practices for the level design team and lead by example.
Ideally, you will have…
- 3+ years' professional experience in game design.
- Proficiency in a 3D modeling package such as Maya or Max.
- A strong portfolio with examples of finished multiplayer maps.
- A passion for games and the fundamentals of multiplayer map design.
- A passion for problem solving and taking ownership & responsibility.
- Strong hands on skillset and the desire to take map designs from vision to playable experiences.
- The ability to analyze metrics or other feedback methods to evaluate and improve your work.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Level Designer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-19 21:55:22.863
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.