Technical Program Manager III
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 160788
Position Title: Program Manager III
Technical Program Manager III
EA is looking for a Technical Program Manager III with a strong skill set in scalable platform development, cross-platform SDKs, online services and documentation to help craft amazing developer experiences. Our team of tight-knit program managers collaborates with game teams, industry experts, and world-class technologists, to reimagine how people develop and manage technology services in games. This is an incredible opportunity to enrich the lives of EA's developers, producers, and quality engineers in meaningful ways.
As a Technical Program Manager III, you would be working closely with other program managers, product managers, engineers, scientists, researchers, and business stakeholders to deliver scalable services and a rich SDK product experience that makes our partners smile. You will be expected to deliver cross-platform, highly functional, stable product releases to schedule and world-class quality.
As EA moves towards a player network strategy to make gameplay smarter, better, and more personalized, the infrastructure to support this transformation is increasingly challenging due to complexity and scale. The focus of this role is to deliver products for game teams that help enable frictionless game development through central platform technology. It will require both the ability to understand and address current customer pain points. We also expect this role to come up with novel solutions to solve problems that will arise in the future. The EADP Developer Experience team makes it easy to create, manage, and monitor the entire suite of EADP services and infrastructure and to easily integrate these solutions within all EA games. If you’re passionate about working as a program manager to deliver developer experiences that are engaging, delightful, and easy to use to aid building amazing games whilst keeping developers smiling then this is the team for you!
In this role, you will provide program/project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints as well as communicate broadly across EA. You will provide program leadership pertaining to how scalable services and SDKs will be built and delivered within EADP and ultimately used by Game Studios. You will translate requirements across feature sets, security, performance, and costs – as well as process requirements to optimize the dev to production experience into deliverables and influence design and architectural decisions whilst resolving incidents, supporting developers and streamlining communications.
You will work with various teams across EA Digital Platform & Game Studios to identify and drive innovative solutions that enable teams to achieve business goals and product deliverables in an easy, efficient and reliable manner. A successful candidate will have a strong software development background, excellent problem solving, project management and communication skills.
- Proven Program Management experience in a distributed team environment (8+ years - this is not an entry-level position)
- Strong technical understanding of systems, architecture, and user experience
- Proven program management experience (design, problem-solving, prioritization, interpersonal)
- SDLC experience with Agile and Waterfall
- Proven ability to partner internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels including in incident management and collating feedback
- Engage with other teams in the company, build strong relationships with partners, advocate for the team and your products throughout EA, and advocate for your users within the team
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate proactively with a high level of autonomy and minimal management oversight
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and a hunger for learning new techniques
- Ability to act as the interface between the product manager and the software development teams. Understand the product and knows the right questions and whom to ask.
- Ability to oversee the day-to-day progress of the project(s) and release initiatives concerning schedule, scope, and quality
- Build and maintain a complete project schedule, make it constantly visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive it through to completion. Provide regular status reporting on progress.
- Ability to remove blockers, address incidents and ‘get things done’
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; extremely data-driven with the ability to lead the prioritization process
- Experience programming in one or more of the following REST, gRPC, C, C++, or JAVA
- Experience across all phases of product development utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with delivering live services
- Experience working with ALM solutions (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- A solid foundation in computer science, prior experience as a software developer preferred
- B. Tech/M. Tech in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- A passion for gaming
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Program Manager III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-22 14:59:07.243
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.