Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 160787
Position Title: Technical Director I
The Technical Director will partner with the Technical Leads within several studios and with the local engineering team to create quality technical solutions and a successful adoption of our technology by the users.
The Quality, Verification, and Standards engineering team develops and maintains automation and tools that support game development and quality verification for the Sports titles in the EA portfolio.
On the technology side, you will use technologies and experiences from EA's automation ecosystem and your mission will be to improve machine learning and risk-based testing techniques into our automation practices. Your team will write tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games, and advocating for best practices through tools and processes.
You'll need to be a developer with a solid technology background to provide clear vision, mission, and the strategies to build and accomplish quality engineering solutions. You will need to have a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across multiple groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains to develop excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you'll improve our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to see who we are and what you will do:
- Identify process improvement programs to gain efficiencies, cost or quality that impact multiple teams.
- You will report to the group technical director and work with development teams and different partners (partner teams, product teams, users) to refine requirements for development.
- Manage the development plan, schedule, and process for multiple simultaneous projects, including tasks, resources, quality, time, priorities, and costs
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners.
- Share knowledge internally. Apply lessons learned by other teams and align with the broader EA's technology portfolio.
- Establish engineering best practices that allow the team to achieve the assigned projects
- Be the single contact for discipline at the project level, including working with external partners, i.e. Studio Tech and Tools, Ops, Platform teams.
- Manage people and career development for leads, and ensuring there is craft leadership for the wider engineering team
- 3+ years in software development/engineering management positions.
- 7+ years in hands-on software development roles.
- You have developed and scaled test automation systems.
- You have gathered and refined use cases and turned them into requirements and designs.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and knowing how to connect between the iterative-process and high-level programs and milestones.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with web and mobile game development.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-22 17:16:32.723
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。