FUT - Lead Game Product Manager
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 160611
Position Title: Lead Game PM
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kind of like that!
The Lead Game Product Manager mission, in close collaboration with the wider Development Team, is to help create the most engaging and rewarding product and live service experience for our players. You will have a mix of strategic skills and creative instinct that can help create action plans, feature sets and content strategies that benefit our players. You have a mix of a passion for gaming, design, and business. You see things differently, work toward continuous improvement, and make informed decisions with just enough data.
- Translate strategic directives into goals and key results. Monitor and drive strategy around achieving results through the definition of associated KPIs.
- Partner with production and design teams to conceptualize and implement engaging features, mechanics, systems and modalities of play that fulfill goals.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities that provide value to players and align with our goals.
- Proactively identify optimizations and feature implementations to maximise player experience and business performance.
- Guide best-practice strategies in creating and optimizing virtual economies.
- Partner with analytics to establish experimentation road map, using A/B testing and machine learning to meet objectives and create product and player insight. Translate outcomes into relevant recommendations.
- Track and develop an understanding of gaming trends and insights.
- Be a mentor, assisting in the resolution of complex problems and growing skills and knowledge.
- Set up successful collaborations across internal EA studios and with external partners.
- 5+ years of proven experience in a Game Product Management role or similar.
- Experience running and optimizing a Live Service.
- Solid business and design capabilities - you can draw a line from detailed player behavior all the way to market outcomes.
- Understanding of market trends, business models and customer preferences across all genres, platforms, territories, and demographics.
- The ability to critically evaluate design, UX, and economy that influence player behavior.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven product design and decision-making.
- Can use and understand in-game trends using data insights to improve top line indicators.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects
- Nice to have: A passion for soccer with an understanding of the core mechanics of FIFA Ultimate Team.
- B.S./B.A. degree in a quantitative major/degree.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: FUT - Lead Game Product Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-02 18:31:47.07
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.