Activation Director, EA Brand Marketing
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160608
Position Title: Director Marketing
Hello, are you our Brand Activation Leader?
The newly formed brand team for Electronic Arts is only six months into building our brand, so all of this is very new. That means we’re still making it up as we go along. If you’re a leader who is also a doer, and if you’re looking for a challenge, then this might be your gig. Full transparency, right now we all muck in on everything and it can be a little messy. But that’s because you’ve caught us at the best time - the very beginning - how exciting is that? The opportunity to bring an amazing brand back to life doesn’t come around too often… so that’s why we’re here and hopefully why you’re still reading this job description...
The Brand Activation Director will report directly to the Head of Brand, EA. You will oversee, build and grow your marketing team. You will partner closely with brand strategy to turn our new brand strategy and pillars into leading brand actions. You will oversee the marketing strategy for the hero brand and work well with all marketing teams to bring our brand to life. To do this, you will have experience building, launching or transforming brands and will have experience driving multichannel campaigns. And you’ll be a big nerd like the rest of us - you enjoy setting up measurement systems and working with insight and data. Go on, admit it, this is a safe space ;).
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years of brand activation experience including some gaming background
- Experience driving omnichannel brand marketing
- Experience working in or with brand communications and brand social
- Experience briefing agencies/ creative teams/ other
- Examples of transforming a brand/ marketing approach/ something else in your career history
- Great perspective on both creativity and measurement, marketing models, budget planning
- Great collaborator who loves to set something in motion and watch others make it their own
- Comfortable when dealing with differences of opinion, has strong opinions lightly held
- Outcome and output oriented - dare we say ‘relentless’?
- Willing to get hands dirty
- A comrade
Day to day responsibilities
- Leads our always-on brand marketing efforts
- Leads and manages the team that delivers the always on brand marketing
- Chases down the opportunities to bring our brand to life internally and externally
- Drives new marketing outputs such as brand partnerships, brand creative, brand voice, brand social
- Oversees the brand activation budget, sets the strategy for how we use it manages it and oversees how we measure its success
- Leads agency engagements
Community / Marketing Title: Activation Director, EA Brand Marketing
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-02 17:12:43.433
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.