Associate Quality Designer (Contractor)
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 160427
Position Title: Contingent
This opportunity is a contractor role working for Electronic Arts Romania hired through Smartree for 12 months.
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
The Associate Quality Designer oversees multiple tests to ensure the software meets our players expectations, which includes the following: setting and aligning on test scope and goals, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the quality of targeted test items. You will be the organizational expert in software testing, the voice of quality for an assigned feature, area or project.
The Associate Quality Designer champions best practice and new ideas in testing, playing an important role in ensuring testing practices are up-to-date and accurate. They are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from partners.
- Work with Project Managers, Quality Designers and Analysts to help establish the quality verification test strategy.
- Become the Expert for the area being within your responsibility from both a QV Team perspective as well as for the external developing studios.
- Have a solid knowledge of the database and test methodology to relevantly detail the test approach and respond to any database items for other EA Groups and external developing studios.
- Work with peers and senior individual contributors to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, supported by available data. Look for creative new data tracking ways to support evolvement within the existing QV test practices.
- Remedy and quantify gaps in functional and non-functional requirements to reduce the cost of change later during project lifecycle.
- Use existing risk-based strategy within area or domain environment and apply established tactics towards introducing efficiency into test methodology.
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing qualitative and design feedback, technical solutions before integration from a player perspective and pinpoint relevant problematic situations from both a production perspective as well as an end-user one.
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain while also being the main driver in the process of gathering design information and updates from the external development studio.
- Use available tools to support test execution, from software that enables tests (software development tools), organizes tests (test management software), captures test results (logs, telemetry, video, images), to defect-tracking to capture results.
- Perform the proposed test approach for your area of influence, coordinate with other team members to ensure tests are executed effectively and efficiently and implement test/validation procedures within the said area to validate expected vs actual results.
- 3+ years of experience with and knowledge of software testing processes, automated testing, testing technique, test case design and execution.
- Strong experience with and knowledge of software test processes, test methodology, test case design, creation and execution.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are needed to communicate in detail with different teams and external developing studios, within and outside of the quality verification team and company.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, milestone requirements and QV role/Development Team deliverables at each stage.
- Knowledge of Console / PC platforms and familiarity with Compliance & Certification requirements.
Our global benefits package is not included for this particular role.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer (Contractor)
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-18 21:36:09.45
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.