Technical Art Director- Procedural Workflows & Generation
Location: Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 160095
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist 2
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
In partnership with Motive Vancouver, we are looking for a Technical Artist (Procedural Workflows and Generation) to join a pre-production team developing the next entry in the Skate franchise. We are looking for a candidate who can work on-site in at our Vancouver studio in Burnaby, BC for the duration of the project (from pre-production to product launch.)
What the Procedural Technical Artist will do:
- Research and guide the exploration of potential solutions for Content Creation Problems as specified by Technical Art Directors and directly create proof-of-concept work in pre-production.
- Work with Technical Artists, Tools Software Engineers & Rendering Software Engineers to convert prototype content generation solutions into production content generation workflows.
- Stay current with and demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge about current state-of-the-industry in Procedural content generation and workflows.
- Educate and articulate concepts relating to Procedural and Parametric Content Generation to the game team through presentations; Audiences for which will include members of other disciplines and domains such as Art Direction, Engineering, Operations, and Production.
- Develop technical requirements for real-time game editor and game engine run-time procedural systems, workflows, and tools to serve game team product goals.
- Drive inclusion of new procedural content generation solutions and workflows in tech roadmaps, including engine roadmaps, product tech art roadmaps, and content team workflow roadmaps.
- Drive selection of off-the-shelf software and hardware solutions to support the game procedural content creation goals.
- Set technical standards and production processes to guide the TA and SE team’s work and ensure that their work achieves the content goals while also meeting performance best practices.
- Attend all planning and team meetings; Build user stories and produce time estimates for project planning.
- The Technical Character Artist will report to the Technical Art Leaders on the project.
Who You Are:
- Expert in architecture of complex procedural content creation pipelines with a focus on artist/designer friendly workflows.
- Expert in creating parametric assets that can be manipulated in real-time with user-friendly inputs and controls.
- Expert in procedural content creation applications such as Houdini and applying these within game editors and engines.
- Familiarity/Competency with the field of AI and Machine Learning and how these can be applied to procedural and parametric content production.
- Experience developing and setting up Automation for content/asset processing.
- Work with Tools and Rendering SEs to guide technology and tool development.
- Work with artists and designers to determine tool and workflow requirements.
- Familiarity with in-game User-Generated Content workflows and UX.
- Understanding of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high-quality (i.e. make sure the output of tools is usable for games).
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, VEX, C#, C++
- Some experience in sculpting, modeling, rigging and animation and understanding of the related workflows is highly desired.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Art Director- Procedural Workflows & Generation
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-25 18:32:21.013
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.