Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 159887
Position Title: Associate Systems Engineer II
EA Sports DevOps Engineer
The Systems Engineer team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for candidates with experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration, with dedication, and passion for technology.
You will partner with the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and deliver projects and achieve excellent results. You will work with large-scale systems, using a diversity of technologies. You will create new systems, maintain the existing ones, and you will contribute to automation in order to reduce manual tasks.
What will you do:
- Directly support game server environments, from development to production.
- Perform OS configuration, troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
- Develop scripts and productivity enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks
- Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including run-books for live support
- Support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations
- Evaluate and adopt technologies to improve team efficiency and platform capabilities
- Work with a global team to implement new technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model
- Partner with Development, QA and other partner teams to maintain secure and scalable infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (CentOS/RedHat), including implementation, administration, and support of important systems
- Experience working with network protocols and technologies (LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NAS, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches and Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Subnetting, VLANs)
- Knowledge of OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux servers
- Experience working with automation systems such as Jenkins and distributed source control solutions such as GIT
- Knowledge in a common scripting language (Shell, Python)
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies (Docker, Chef, Ansible)
- Passion about technology aligned with flexibility, enthusiasm and motivation to learn
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Cloud-based server deployments (EC2, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational data bases and related applications
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes great people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture powered by creativity and individuality.
Who We Are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games- how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. We know that scoring a big win comes from passion for the game. That is why we employ motivated individuals with a desire for excellence.
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-10 09:30:37.427
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.