Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159661
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The rendering Software Engineer is a critical part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
• Research and implement cutting-edge rendering techniques.
• Write technical design specifications.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
• Develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
• Profile and optimize rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine.
• Create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 3+ years development experience, including at least 6 months experience within the video gaming industry
• Proficiency with C++
• Experience in the design and implementation of cutting edge graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
• Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
• Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
• Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code English is the required language of work
What's In It For You:
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for salary increases, bonuses, and restricted stock units at company’s discretion
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Address: Electronic Arts (Canada), Inc., 4330 Sanderson Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 4X1
Salary offered: $98,000 to $130,000
Full time, permanent position
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-25 02:16:45.61
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.