Senior Rendering Software Engineer - Skate - C++
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 159602
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer II
Rendering Engineer - Skate
“This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer”
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do.
Nowhere is this more evident than with our Skate franchise where we’re bringing a contemporary Skate experience to our new and future fans.
Now that we can tell you what we’re up to, Deran and Cuz would like to invite you to apply to our positions if this is the game and team that are right for you:
We started something special back in 2007, it’s time to see where we can take it. We’re looking for people that want to join the family and harness the boundless potential of skating, gaming, and community to create something that respects Skate’s legacy while pushing us into a fun filled future. Simply put, if you’re interested in building an amazing place to skate…and have fun…let us know
We are looking for an experienced and experienced Rendering Software Engineer to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development working on GPU architecture, deferred lighting, global illumination, shadows, and anti-aliasing. You will report to the project technical director and work with content creators to implement features, tools, and debugging workflows.
- You will work with Artists to collaborate on bringing the vision of the Art Director to life.
- Work with a Lead Rendering SE to create rendering technologies.
- Optimize GPU performance on consoles and PC.
- You will support Artists & Technical Artists using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation & usability.
Required Technical Experience
- 5+ years of experience working on AAA products in a related role with multiple shipped titles.
- Experience on current consoles - PS4, Xbox One and PC with other platform experience a bonus.
- Proficient with modern rendering techniques such as Photogrammetry, PBR, Compute Shaders.
- Experience with a large data-driven engine, such as a commercial engine or a large internal one.
- Strong expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Strong mathematics skills especially with Linear Algebra & Calculus.
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
- Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug.
- In-depth understanding of performance bottlenecks of rendering features.
- Experience with a variety of performance analysis tools such as PIX, and GPAD
- Experience working with off-site developed technology and driving collaboration process.
- Experience with C# for tool development.
- Experience working with Technical Artists as partners in feature production.
- Team-first mentality.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Rendering Software Engineer - Skate - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-23 22:16:49.807
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.