Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159559
Position Title: Software Engineer I
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we seek the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you love football, or you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
The Online Engineer is involved in the whole creation process from architecture analysis, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and devices, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain. In your role on the FIFA Live Team you will deliver innovative features through game patches, develop improvements for the Online performance of FIFA and implement critical fixes to ensure our users are engaging with a high quality product. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Hands-on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain and build a tech module
- Facilitate the release of feature improvements to the Production environment.
- Analyzing Production data to identify improvement opportunities within the code.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Design and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes systems.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years experience with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Knowledge of good software programming practices
- Experience with 3rd party APIs
Nice To Have Skills:
- 2+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems
- Experience of real-time game networking
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools
- Experience with source control systems
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#)
- Knowledge of Online multiplayer / Game modes
- Knowledge of server scalability and server security
- Experience with Database technologies
- Experience with Game Performance Profiling
We thought you might also want to know:
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-10 17:48:58.69
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.