Head of Engineering, EAX
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159006
Position Title: Sr Director Engineering
Head of Engineering - EAX
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects tens of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. Our EAX team drives the implementation of important strategic initiatives for EA’s community of players to unite them together and to the games they love to play. This team is transforming EA from a company that builds games to one that creates an ecosystem of play; a gaming network.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services, building consumer experiences that power our games and enable personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences. The EAX team is expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond. We want our players immersed in our games, connecting with a network of players to create an unparalleled experience. We are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
In your role as Head of Engineering, you will support this strategy by defining our technical vision to deliver our products and services developing and mentoring a world class engineering team. As a member of the broader EAX leadership team, you will be a key contributor to teams based out of Vancouver and Redwood Shores with satellite locations in Orlando, Florida and Stockholm, Sweden.
You are someone with a proven track record for:
- Partnering with production, design and project management to define road maps, timelines and execution strategies
- Shipping exceptional web-based products and services at scale
- Growing and managing engineering teams, delivering high level results
- Working and thriving in a fast paced, agile, cross-functional organization
- Caring about the user experience and knowing how to build consumer focused products
- Aligning technical strategy across groups, ensuring product quality, team velocity and health
- Mentoring and growing technical leaders
You also bring the following skills or experience to our team:
- Ten or more years of experience developing software applications or services
- Five or more years of experience managing large engineering teams
- Technical leadership and mentoring experience
- Insightful understanding of the software design/architecture process
- Keen ability to take high-level direction, work through ambiguity and drive to execution in an iterative model
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating on large distributed web-based applications and services
- Intuitive understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform; experience using UI frameworks like React and React Native for web and mobile applications development
- Leveraging cloud services like AWS for compute, storage, analytics and deployment
- Strong understanding of DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Agile development
- Experience developing desktop applications in C++ and cross-platform frameworks like Qt and Electron on Mac and Windows is a plus
- Experience in the game industry and gaming experience are pluses
In a typical week, as the Head of Engineering could be…
- Preparing and reviewing technical KPIs and risks for Project gate reviews
- Aligning key technical decisions with members of the EAX leadership team including Product Management, Design and Project Management
- Sponsoring and driving initiatives to improve team velocity and health
- Mentoring senior technical leaders
- Ensuring industry trends and technology options are understood and evaluated
- Collaborating with EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) team and external partners
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Engineering, EAX
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-07 00:55:09.567
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.