Head of Engineering, EAX
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Redwood City, California, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 159006
Position Title: Sr Director Engineering
Head of Engineering - EAX
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada or West Coast, US
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects tens of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. Our EAX team drives the implementation of important strategic initiatives for EA’s community of players to unite them together and to the games they love to play. This team is transforming EA from a company that builds games to one that creates an ecosystem of play; a gaming network.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services, building consumer experiences that power our games and enable personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences. The EAX team is expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond. We want our players immersed in our games, connecting with a network of players to create an unparalleled experience. We are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
In your role as Head of Engineering, you will support this strategy by defining our technical vision to deliver our products and services developing and mentoring a world class engineering team. As a member of the broader EAX leadership team, you will be a key contributor to teams based out of Vancouver and Redwood Shores with satellite locations in Orlando, Florida and Stockholm, Sweden.
You are someone with a proven track record for:
- Partnering with production, design and project management to define road maps, timelines and execution strategies
- Shipping exceptional web-based products and services at scale
- Growing and managing engineering teams, delivering high level results
- Working and thriving in a fast paced, agile, cross-functional organization
- Caring about the user experience and knowing how to build consumer focused products
- Aligning technical strategy across groups, ensuring product quality, team velocity and health
- Mentoring and growing technical leaders
You also bring the following skills or experience to our team:
- Ten or more years of experience developing software applications or services
- Five or more years of experience managing large engineering teams
- Technical leadership and mentoring experience
- Insightful understanding of the software design/architecture process
- Keen ability to take high-level direction, work through ambiguity and drive to execution in an iterative model
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating on large distributed web-based applications and services
- Intuitive understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform; experience using UI frameworks like React and React Native for web and mobile applications development
- Leveraging cloud services like AWS for compute, storage, analytics and deployment
- Strong understanding of DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Agile development
- Experience developing desktop applications in C++ and cross-platform frameworks like Qt and Electron on Mac and Windows is a plus
- Experience in the game industry and gaming experience are pluses
In a typical week, as the Head of Engineering could be…
- Preparing and reviewing technical KPIs and risks for Project gate reviews
- Aligning key technical decisions with members of the EAX leadership team including Product Management, Design and Project Management
- Sponsoring and driving initiatives to improve team velocity and health
- Mentoring senior technical leaders
- Ensuring industry trends and technology options are understood and evaluated
- Collaborating with EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) team and external partners
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Engineering, EAX
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-07 00:55:09.567
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.