Client Software Engineer - C++ - FIFA
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158942
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Client Software Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
What you will do as a Client Engineer:
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with 3rd party companies on software solutions.
- Work with Server and Client engineers to establish, hook up and test end-to-end functionality.
- Collaborate within a small to medium team of engineers, designers and artists both locally and remotely.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Architect and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes.
- Create tools, features and engine components.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience with C++ and with object-oriented design and implementation.
- Strong experience with Client/Server.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Experience with memory management.
- Knowledge of hardware setup, package deployment and patching procedures.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems.
Nice to have:
- 2+ years experience working on Microsoft or Sony game consoles or other embedded systems.
- Experience of real-time game networking.
- Experience with Visual Studio and knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems.
- Working knowledge of project or quality tracking software such as JaaS.
- Proficient in C#, Angular TypeScript.
- Experience with .Net Core and building RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of Online multiplayer Game modes.
- Experience in a core domain such as online, user interfaces & multi-processor systems.
- Experience working with Linux environments.
- Familiarity with databases. (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with Flash, Action Script.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: Client Software Engineer - C++ - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-10 22:57:06.11
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.