Senior Director, Marcom Strategy (Competitive Gaming)
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158726
Position Title: Sr Director, Digital Strategy
SR DIRECTOR, MARCOM STRATEGY FOR COMPETITIVE GAMING
Competitive Gaming/ESports has quickly established itself as one of the most popular forms of gaming entertainment globally, and Electronic Arts is looking for an accomplished senior strategist to help in defining the future of competitive gaming for our brands.
You will be equal parts analytical and strategic. You will have deep roots in the entertainment or sports industries, with experience transforming traditional, linear media into compelling digital content. You have amazing editorial instincts and understand the nuances of consumer behavior and how consumption patterns differ across digital platforms. You are a natural born storyteller across all mediums – from a few words in a tweet to long-form VOD.
We define the strategies that underpin our marketing campaigns. This global group of strategists, creative directors and copy writers define the steel threads that guide the campaign from inception to execution; including the campaign strategy, brand identity, creative platform and creative direction for our content.
- An integral member of the Competitive Gaming Entertainment senior leadership team.
- Partners with the Competitive Gaming Entertainment team early in production to optimize the content for digital-first consumption.
- Architects the overall creative and content strategies for Competitive Gaming, including our multi-channel approach, VOD strategy and integration into existing franchise marketing/comms plans.
- Leverage insights and testing to ensure consumption – both VOD and live – exceeds targets. This includes defining and mapping channels, developing the appropriate messaging cadence, and testing different content types to maximize reach and engagement.
- Partner with cross-functional subject matter experts (SMEs) across biz dev, analytics, broadcast creative and franchises to ensure our marketing strategies are executed flawlessly.
- Define how we will measure efficacy across content, channels and franchises against the Competitive Gaming growth targets.
- Experience: 10+ years leading strategy in the esports/entertainment/sports industry.
- A leader: experience inspiring an organization irrespective of reporting lines; a vocal champion of the work that knows when to defend the work and when feedback will make the idea stronger
- A thinker: a creative, lateral and analytical thinker who loves deconstructing complex problems.
- A natural born storyteller: an innate ability to tell an evocative message in an image, a video, or a line of copy.
- A proven creator: a rich CV of innovative activations and content across a variety of mediums.
- Lives and breathes digital marketing: understands the role algorithms play, the nuances of consumer behavior in open/closed networks, how to optimize content for maximum organic reach and engagement, and can visualize the consumer journey across channels.
- Insights: innate ability to interpret and decipher quant and qual data and extract the insights that will unlock innovative marketing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Marcom Strategy (Competitive Gaming)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-20 23:52:08.677
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.