Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158430
Position Title: Technical Director I
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the successful title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, passionate about the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is amazing and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
We are looking for a Technical Director who is passionate about building great games with a collaborative team of accomplished developers. You will lead the engineering component of the team and provide technical direction to senior technical leads. As a Technical Director, you will work with other product leaders and technical partners as the technical expert for the team.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating and running live mobile games. You value turning the complex into the simple to understand, knowledge of software engineering practices and technical aptitude. You can balance strategy and tactical direction to achieve and maintain stable, scalable, cost-effective games with focused innovations.
- Set project technical standards
- Establish high-level architecture, processes and tools, and technical budgets
- Manage project technical design and implementation
- Monitor and troubleshoot live service issues
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables
- Improve team efficiency through identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions
- Manage technical considerations and risks
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners and EA central groups
- Implement and run release management for a live service
- Provide line management to employees within the discipline
- Work as part of the product leadership team:
- Understand and help establish the product vision and needs
- Represent the project and team to partners
- Balance technical, product, and requirements with successful outcomes
- Empower and manage expectations for production & design
- Partner with Development Directors on development processes and planning
- Conduct research necessary to achieve desired outcomes and evolve our technology
- 10+ years software development experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of one of the following languages: C++/C#/Objective C
- Unity/Unreal experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Leadership experience developing and launching games or running a large-scale live service
- Solid knowledge of game application technology, spanning client, server and infrastructure
- Negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with remote teams
- A love for making and playing games
“Tell me about Sacramento.”
Sacramento hosts a desirable metropolitan lifestyle, where home can be established for anyone from the singleton who wants to live downtown, to the family whose top priorities are a yard and great schools, all within a reasonable commute to our studio. The city fosters a vibrant urban culture through weekend street festivals, professional sports teams, bustling farmer’s markets, wonderful eateries, and award-winning craft breweries and coffee roasters. If connecting with nature is more your vibe, the Sierras are in our backyard in addition to many local hiking and biking trails.
“What’s in it for me?”
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that motivated by creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2019-11-05 05:04:09.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.