Sr. Director, Global Brand Management, BioWare
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 158101
Position Title: Senior Director, Global Brand Management
Sr. Director, Global Brand Management, BioWare
Electronic Arts (EA) is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated senior marketing leader with proven experience and achievements in brand strategy, product marketing and/or live service marketing to lead and grow BioWare’s portfolio of storied franchises.
BioWare develops console and PC games focused on rich story telling; unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the gaming industry’s most acclaimed gaming brands including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, Dragon Age™, Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ and is currently developing multiple games for future release.
The Senior Director will report to the Vice President of Global Brand Management and partner deeply as a core member of the Studio leadership team.
The successful candidate is a talented brand strategist and storyteller with demonstrable experience building consumer brands, products, and live services. The role will represent the emergent voice of the player and drive foundational brand strategy and insight work to guide product development, commercial strategy, go to market and ongoing growth initiatives with cross-functional teams.
- Lead the brand strategy, identity and market opportunity for BioWare’s portfolio of properties
- Partner with BioWare studio team to define positioning, consumer target and product features to drive brand growth, content development and go-to-market strategies
- Outline a multi-year roadmap that drives the player experience from launch through live services
- Distil large volumes of consumer research, competitive intel and market trends into tangible and actionable insights that can be used to optimize the player experience and inform strategies for brand performance and activation
- Assume cross-functional leadership role in driving alignment and accountability to results across including creative development, campaign management, analytics/insights, publishing, finance and market planning
- Partner with Consumer Insights and Analytics teams to identify opportunities and challenges across merchandising, messaging and game services to improve player experiences/results based on those findings
- Lead and direct franchise launch and expansion efforts through seamless partnerships with EA colleagues, licensors, partners and agencies; ensuring continuity and cohesion across all player touchpoints
- Create an environment that is free from failure to test new ways to reach, engage, and surround players and fans
- Manage a team of brand managers dedicated to the BioWare product portfolio
- Experience in senior marketing roles at top companies in categories of entertainment; technology or consumer products.
- Experience as part of a team that has launched/brought a new brand or product to market
- Depth of experience in major areas of marketing including brand strategy and product marketing; digital marketing, commercial activation, live services and communications
- Demonstrated success in crafting a clear strategic vision that was communicated clearly and adopted through all levels of an org and delivered results including market share, sales growth and profitability
- Experience working with research departments to define tests and interpret data to effectively break down complex problems into consumable and actionable steps
- Excellent abilities to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to stakeholders as well as the ability to influence and collaborate with others
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, Global Brand Management, BioWare
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-14 17:21:20.177
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.