Integration Software Engineer (C++) - FIFA
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156696
Position Title: Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
The FIFA team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to assist, support and partner with the FIFA and Frostbite teams on integration work. The Frostbite Engine is the foundational technology on which multiple EA Sports properties are built, and integrating improvements and new features is an essential part of FIFA’s ability to provide outstanding experiences to our end-users. As an integration engineer, you will guide the successful integration of new versions of the Frostbite engine into FIFA.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Integrate changes from the Frostbite Engine into the FIFA codebase
- Resolve merge conflicts and fix code build errors
- Debug and diagnose runtime issues across a variety of FIFA domains
- Work closely with FIFA and Frostbite domain teams to resolve any issue caused by the integration
- Work with Quality Verification to develop testing and build automation
- Partner with Frostbite to establish best practices to be shared among multiple EA titles
- Document challenges and follow-ups for each integration
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Experience with perforce concepts and good practices, specifically with integration workflows
- Experience with large-scale game engines is preferred
- 2+ years of experience with C++
- Great debugging skills
- Experience in diagnose and provide creative solutions to problems
We thought you might also want to know:
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Integration Software Engineer (C++) - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. är ett globalt ledande mjukvaruföretag för interaktiv underhållning. EA levererar spel, innehåll och onlinetjänster för internetuppkopplade spelkonsoler, persondatorer, mobiltelefoner och surfplattor.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-19 20:49:17.213
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA är en arbetsgivare som är för likabehandlande. Alla anställningsbeslut görs utan hänsyn till ras, färg, ursprung, anor, kön, könsidentitet eller -uttryck, sexuell läggning, ålder, genetisk information, religion, funktionshinder, sjukdomstillstånd, graviditet, civilstånd, familjestatus eller veteranstatus. EA gör också arbetsplatsen tillgänglig på det sätt som krävs för kvalificerade personer med funktionshinder, enligt gällande lagar.