Senior Concept Artist | Character
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 152583
Position Title: Contingent
Senior Concept Artist | Character
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Concept Artist to join a veteran team of developers working on an early-in-development AAA title at Maxis in our Redwood City location. This is an opportunity to help craft the initial vision for a new, innovative and immersive Maxis experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the Art Director, Production and Creative Director to create a vision for the game as we develop its initial look
- Create a wide variety of concepts including characters, fashion designs, pose sheets and props
- Design original concepts that fit within the project’s art style
- Translate high level ideas into production-ready art materials
- Maintain a high level of quality art while providing a wide variety of ideas
- Provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
- Create skin, cloth, eye and hair shading studies
- Create key art pieces
- Create concept model proxies as well as produce work of ranging styles and detail levels
The experience you’ll bring:
- 5+ years professional experience as a concept artist, matte painter and/or illustrator
- Mastery in creating traditional and digital 2D art of all levels of finish: from thumbnails to detailed, key art paintings
- Expertise in designing form, color, silhouette, composition and structure
- A love of collaboration. You take initiative and will help lead a creative vision, understanding that creating amazing experiences is a team effort
- A passion for creating new and ground-breaking experiences
To apply, we require:
- A resume and online portfolio. Additionally, an art test may be requested during the interview process
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Concept Artist | Character
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-18 00:21:57.3
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.