Character Modeler- Maxis
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 151939
Position Title: Contingent
Character Modeler– Maxis
Maxis is looking for an Character Modeler for an exciting new game in the best-selling Sims franchise. Do you have excellent modeling and texturing abilities for games? Do you have a passion for creating real-world fashion in a 3D game? Are you able to take direction but work independently when needed to make the best games you possibly can?
If so, then we may have a job for you. We’re a small team now and are growing rapidly. Apply today and join us!
- Create, model, UV, and texture fashion assets such as t-shirts, jeans, jackets, shoes, etc. in a realistic style to a high level of aesthetic quality.
- Participate in meetings with producers, designers, engineers and animators to understand the functional requirements and constraints of characters and how they need to be created.
- Participate in reviews with the Art Director to improve aesthetic consistency and overall look.
- Should be knowledgeable and comfortable in the creation and use of normal maps, specular maps, and generating AO maps.
- Trouble shoot and problem solve assets that are not functioning properly in game. Coordinate with animators and engineers to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Provide project management team with accurate estimates for scheduling work and deadlines
- Be able to come up with concepts and provide basic concept art for some fashion in conjunction with the Art Director.
- Excellent modeling and texturing skills on clothing assets
- 3+ years modeling experience using Maya for game development
- Strong technical abilities and understanding of game development pipeline issues including a clear understanding of how art creation affects engine performance
- Be able to follow art direction and work from concept art when available
- Creative thinker and problem solver that can work independently if necessary
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with producers, designers, engineers as well as other artists.
- Well organized and able to commit to and meet deadlines.
- PC Game development experience required
- Understanding of fashion & clothing construction is a plus
- Understanding of basic animation and how animators work is a plus.
- Understanding and familiarity with rigging in Maya preferred
- A portfolio demonstrating the following is required:
- Excellent 3D models in Maya
- Excellent Texturing and UV skills
- Ability to create low-mid poly models consistently
- Traditional drawing and painting skills
- Strong aesthetic sensitivity to lighting for form and shadow
- Excellent sense of scale and composition in 3D
Community / Marketing Title: Character Modeler- Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2018-08-07 19:17:39.303
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.