Global Community Manager - The Sims
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 118271
Position Title: Community Engagement Strategist/Specialist II
Community Manager: The Sims
The Community Manager is a highly visible and crucial communications role that connects our global game teams and services with our player communities. A successful candidate for this role will be able to leverage game and community expertise to drive player relationships, engagement, and live service retention. This important role will partner closely with studio and other cross-functional teams around the world to insure a consistent, high quality user experience inside and outside of our games.
This role will also recruit, manage, and maintain our close relationships with Game Changers and Influencers across all Maxis and Sims franchises around the world. This position will report to the Global Manager, Community Engagement.
The Community Manager has the following primary responsibilities:
- This position will primarily work on The Sims 4, with a contributing role to the Sims ecosystem including The Sims 4, The Sims Mobile, and other Sims titles within the franchise.
- Develop a community strategy and influencer plan for all franchises.
- Work with territory partners across the world on both global and local campaign activations.
- Oversee the community strategy of official channels such as the forums, Reddit, and with fan community sites.
- Be the public face of Maxis and The Sims with the community.
- Be the voice of the community, maintain a tight two-way dialogue between players, Maxis, and stakeholders.
- Drive communications around game and live service issues: Bugs, Cheats, Outages and Support Issues.
- Build close relationships between EA and top influencers, elite fans, and users. Maintain a positive community reputation.
- Develop influencer outreach and activation programs that leverage a wide gamut of influencer personalities, disciplines, and focuses in order to maximize and amplify key beats within a campaign.
- Utilize the game’s ‘brand voice’ and maintain its accurate implementation and usage across a variety of community channels.
- Plan and schedule community activities and influencer events, both in and out of game, and on a global scale.
- Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting the experience.
- Ensure all Electronic Arts standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed.
- Coordinate and share with other EA Community Managers on engagement best practices, standards, and innovations.
- Regularly deliver Community reports comprised of channel metrics, fan feedback, game issues, or service risks.
- Work closely with Customer Support and Live Service teams on overall player experience, especially around key beats such as betas, early access, launch and live service updates.
- Manage the live service escalation processes for communications with all game stakeholders.
- Passion and deep experience playing The Sims and Maxis titles a must.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated writing, grammar, and content-creation skills (samples required).
- Strong knowledge of best practices for operating social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively.
- An aggressive, self-motivated, detail-oriented team player and quality driven.
- Has strong problem solving skills. Must be able to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects.
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations.
- Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
- Strong proficiency in player and community engagement tactics.
- Fully versed in influencer content creation/curation, channel ecosystems, listening tools, and their brand awareness motivators.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications or Marketing a plus.
- Significant Licensor, Live Service, or Operations experience also a plus.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Global Community Manager - The Sims
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 62
Can this position be remote?:
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.