Lighter - All Levels (Temporary Full Time)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 116407
Position Title: Associate Lighter
Position Title: Lighter (Temporary)
We are Artworks! A centralized creative team that enhances the art direction and overall vision of the games we work on. As an Associate lighter within Artworks you will be working in one of the most innovative and progressive environments within the entertainment industry. Using Physically Based Materials, Real World Absolute Light Values, shooting the game through a Physically Based Camera model using a Film based HDR Grading pipeline, the associate lighters responsibilities are moving from just placing lights, into that of a Virtual Cinematographer. Here at EA, you are expected and empowered to redefine what games can be!
We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Collaborating directly with our game team partners we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
- Use technical skill to emphasize drama or narrative, and establish/clarify location, weather, time of day, etc.
- Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project
- Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, an art-related subject such as Photography or Computer Animation, Math, or Physics.
- Solid Experience in at least one of the industry standard 3D packages, including Maya, Houdini, XSI, 3D Studio Max, and Lightwave. Familiarity with other relevant programs is a plus
- Background in math and solid artistic skills, including colour theory, composition, light, and form
- Experience with a 3D CG package (e.g., Maya, Mental Ray), demonstrating understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modelling, and texture UV’s.
- Strong ability to work from reference materials
- Strong ability to light moderate to complex interior and exterior scenes.
- Experience with film, photography, or theatre is a plus
- Candidate must have a strong work ethic and work well with a team
- Candidate must be meticulous, detail oriented, driven, and need very little supervision to put out high quality work
- Must have ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience working in gaming preferred but not essential
More info contact: Sebastian Glenn-Anderson, Studio Recruiter email@example.com
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Lighter - All Levels (Temporary Full Time)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2017-12-12 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA