Sr Creative Director - Star Wars
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 115589
Position Title: Sr Creative Director [M]
Senior Creative Director – Star Wars
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Creative Director to join an established, experienced team of developers working on a AAA Star Wars title in development at EA Vancouver. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help craft the vision and execution of a compelling, innovative and immersive Star Wars experience. You will act as a guiding creative force for the game across the studio and development team, providing vision as well as making sure that the experience delivers on core design philosophies, quality and innovation.
As Senior Creative Director, excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must, as is the ability to cultivate creativity and inspire a team of talented developers. The ideal candidate should also bring a proven track record of shipping AAA quality games and has a diverse range of experience in the game industry ranging from design to art to technology.
- Concept and pitch high level game ideas.
- Represent game in both internal and external communications. This includes delivering strong presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with key organizational stakeholder’s, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
- Champion the vision of the product and be accountable for the quality targets as well as the results achieved.
- Understand the development cost associated with each game feature and prioritize based on what’s best for the player, and can advise the game teams on prioritization.
- Support the Studio & Business Unit leadership and contribute to strategic short and long-term planning and decision making for the overall game.
- Provide clear context to the leadership team for how the features fit into the larger game, how they fit into the market place, and how it serves and delights our fans.
- Evangelize game ideas to the studio and generate excitement and enthusiasm among the team/
- Build a collaborative relationship with Production and Design team/
- Serve as a coach and mentor resource to designers and Craft Directors, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skills and knowledge.
- Be the voice of the players for the area of ownership, articulate clearly their expectations to the team and provide actionable items.
- In addition, we’d also want the Senior Creative Director to also be involved in the overall creative direction for EA Vancouver on an ongoing basis, inspire the studio through progressive, creative design and leadership.
- Collaborate with studio management to define and drive EA Vancouver’s portfolio of games to fit within the company vision and with EA’s mandates.
- Define design and creative standards and processes to implement across the studio.
- Provide training, mentoring, guidance and feedback to the creative teams within the studio.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods, emerging platforms, latest social trends and player engagement models.
- 10+ years industry experience working in the field of game design on AAA titles.
- 5+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design and narrative direction.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of game design. Additional areas of expertise – tech, art, business, etc. are a plus.
- Communication skills -- both written and verbal -- are absolutely critical. Must be able to evangelize the vision for the studio and its projects both within and across EA. Experience with public speaking, a plus.
- Welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Is highly organized, and is able to break down complex problems into consumable and actionable pieces for others.
- Able to conceptualize, create, and implement game concepts using various tools and technologies.
- Experience working with research departments to define tests and interpret data to effectively iterate on design.
- Experience of taking at least 2 major AAA console games from concept to completion.
- Experience iterating on design after launching product a definite plus.
- A passion for games. Just as important, a drive to make a game with an impact at an industry level.
Please Contact our Recruiter, Rebecca Davis: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Creative Director - Star Wars
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2017-11-21 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA