Manager, Corporate Development
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 115342
Position Title: Business Development Associate
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Associate, Corporate Development
Join EA’s fast-paced Corporate Development team where energy, teamwork, original ideas and contribution are highly valued.
We’re looking for a dynamic, outstanding Associate to join our Corporate Development team in the Bay Area. EA’s Corporate Development team is responsible for the evaluation and execution of M&A and strategic initiatives globally across EA’s business units. The group partners closely with the company's executive management and business unit leaders to: (i) identify growth opportunities for EA (ii) source and evaluate strategic initiatives that will capitalize upon these opportunities and drive shareholder value and (iii) manage the transaction execution and integration process.
- Contribute to the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives, including acquisitions, investments, divestitures, and strategic projects & partnerships
- Perform complex financial modeling and valuation supporting transaction evaluation and execution
- Conduct detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis supporting business case development
- Develop presentations for business unit leaders, executive management and board of directors
- Monitor and research market participants and trends in the gaming, interactive entertainment, and related sectors
- Collaborate on projects with cross-functional teams and business unit colleagues
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution
- 3+ years of work experience at a leading investment bank (preferably in an M&A group), private equity firm or in corporate development
- M&A transaction experience in technology and/or media sectors
- Excellent financial analysis and valuation skills, including understanding of merger/acquisition analysis and related issues
- Strong business sense and ability to understand complex business issues
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and ability to interact across all levels within and outside the company
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- A strong personal interest in the gaming industry
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to prepare analyses and presentations for easy understanding by executives
- Ability to collect and digest large amounts of data/information quickly
- Ability to work across multiple business units, diverse teams, and geographies
- Motivated, hardworking, outgoing, and intellectually curious
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Fun, outgoing, and easy to work with
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Corporate Development
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2017-12-01 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US