Server Software Engineer
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 115276
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS builds connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Server Software Engineer
To deliver major online gaming components and features for the NBA franchise with a focus on code quality, extensibility as well as testability, and to provide support to engineers on the team. You will be required to design, implement and support next generation game engine components used to power online gaming experiences and services
- Participate in distributed agile development across multiple teams
- Write code and assist in the design and implement interfaces for game systems utilizing C++ and object-oriented programming;
- Help evaluate system performance, troubleshoot, and develop and implement complex modifications to applications as needed;
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers and Team Leads in developing recommendations to improve quality control and team productivity;
- Implement and debug segments of new and existing code for online technology
- Work directly with both client and server teams to maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform games
- Iterate, design, and implement improvements to live systems and workflows
- Identify bottlenecks and slow queries and optimize them.
- Provide solutions that take into account network latency, de-synchronization of data between networked machines/players, packet compression, cheating and interrupted connections.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 7+ years of development experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Expert level proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience with MySQL, SQL, as well as non-relational databases
- Extensive Windows as well as Linux and/or Unix experience.
- Experience with client-server architectures, network security, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), concurrency, load scaling considerations, object replication, as well as time synchronization and prediction
- Experience with cross-play models; development and integration (Console, Web, Mobile, Social)
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Perl, Lua, Python), XML and C#.
- Experience with ActionScript is a plus
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
- Exposure to encryption algorithms (SSL, RSA).
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is helpful
- Experience developing on XBoxOne and PS4 Platforms is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Server Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2017-11-08 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US