Senior Development Director
Location: Melbourne, Victoria AU
Requisition Number: 114344
Position Title: Sr DD
Electronic Arts' Mobile Osiris engine team is co-located with the Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia. The Osiris team provides EA with a high-performance mobile engine that is currently used by multiple games live and in development.
We’re looking for a seasoned Development Director with technical chops to manage development of the Osiris mobile engine. You will partner with the Producer and Technical Leads of the Osiris team to bring a team of talented developers together in delivering engine features and supporting game teams. You are an experienced team leader with great communication skills and experience in project and people management and leading technical disciplines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with a team of 12-14 developers you will drive planning, estimation, and tracking of ongoing development and support
- Build and maintain product roadmap and schedule
- Partner with Producer and Technical Leads to manage scope and quality
- Manage resourcing plans, hiring, and career development
- Identify risks and manage mitigation plans
- Maintain regular communication with team and key stakeholders to provide status updates on development progress
- Build and maintain effective relationships with local and offshore teams within EA
- Drive and continuously improve Agile/Scrum processes
You will have:
- 6+ years of project management experience, including managing others, in software industries
- University degree in Computer Science or similar
- Experience in working with engineering functions
- Experience in people and career management
- Experience creating and managing staffing plans
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate
- Hands on coding experience
- Experience with agile development methods and tools
- Ability to work in a distributed environment
- Ability to learn quickly and retain a high level of detail
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
- Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
- Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Friday night socials and regular team building outings
How to Apply
Please submit your application by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
For enquiries, please email CareersAustralia@ea.com
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2017-09-26 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU