Character Artist (Temporary) - Cartoon Style (Plants Vs Zombies Universe)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 113537
Position Title: Character Artist 2
*Note: This is a Temporary opportunity up to 12 months
Artworks Character Artist – Cartoon Style (Plants Vs Zombies Universe)
Artworks is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Working with our game team partners we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination. We look for the best in everyone.
What the Cartoon Style Character Artist will do (Plants Vs Zombies Universe):
The character artist is a critical role in video game creation. In the context of our games, they are responsible for creating the cast of characters to populate the universe. A character artist should be a dynamic and efficient modeler with exceptional sculpting and texturing skills – able to create best in class content along with an imagination that is constantly in motion. Someone who can create amazing models based on 2D concept art or 3D concept models.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Proven production experience with character creation
- Knowledge of high fidelity modeling techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Z-brush and photoshop
- A solid understanding of physical materials and how to replicate them in CG
- Knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Ability to paint cartoon style textures (Substance Painter and Designer experience is a plus)
- Experience working with content driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity) is an advantage
- Ability to visualize in three dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art
- Ability to convey a sense of ‘story’ and character in a game asset
- Strong sense of proportion and composition with a superior eye for surface, colour, and detail
- Experience creating game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging
- Ability to work with both custom-painted materials, and layered shaders
- Knowledge of cloth and clothing – how they should match the character style.
- Efficient use of UV layout, and ability to edit for highest visual payoff
- Ability to ramp quickly with proprietary tools
- Experience delivering assets to time and technical budget constraints
- Cartoon style (Plants Vs Zombies Universe): Character modeling and texturing (clothing, weapons…etc)
- UV layout and all the maps used
- Realistic based assets a plus
Contact: Paola Chavez, Studio Recruiter :: pchavez @ ea.com
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist (Temporary) - Cartoon Style (Plants Vs Zombies Universe)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2017-08-03 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA