Engineering Manager, Architecture
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 161780
Position Title: Sr Manager Engineering
Engineering Manager – Business Applications, EA IT
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, lead the team from front this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I do:
As part of EAIT Player Experience Engineering Team, reporting to Sr Manager, Architecture, you will offer a engineering manager an opportunity to lead a team of experienced architects and senior developers to develop business applications and solutions. You will also help establish the roadmap of business groups working on both business and technical aspect of an initiative.
- Coach a team of 4-6 Architects and Sr Developers; support their growth and make us more productive, functional, and creative.
- Oversee technical direction to design scalable, performant and resilient systems.
- Implement engineering best practices and drive improvements.
- Work with geographically distributed team of Product/Project Managers, Architects, Developers, QA and UAT members to bring strategic programs.
- Participate in planning, estimation, review and execution to help build capabilities to accomplish product vision.
- Provide transparency to leadership through regular communication.
- Have a passion for your craft. You feel ownership over everything you ship.
The next great Development Manager also needs:
- Tech/M.Tech/MCA with 12+ years of experience in building and delivering complex mission-critical applications and projects.
- Experience with team management theory
- Hands-on coding experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices and Angular/React
- Experience in developing engineering function that includes large teams that are globally distributed in nature with development and testing model being practiced.
- Experience managing, goal setting, mediation and career planning
- Experience building scalable, available, performant API services
- Experience building, reusable, well tested, documented, distributable modules that provide main capabilities to an organisation
- Experience and passion for promoting and mentoring others in software development best practices appropriate for the domain
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
- Expertise with both object-oriented and functional software design principles
- Experienced with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment best practices
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Experience with DevOps / infrastructure systems
- Experience with web platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Expertise in delivering technical presentations
- Expertise in delivering system-level technical design and documentation
- and motivator who is always looking for improvement opportunities..
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident and life insurance and since we realize it takes excellent people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager, Architecture
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-16 00:10:27.69
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.