Project Manager - IT
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161753
Position Title: Contingent
I.T. Infrastructure Services Project Manager (Contract)
We’re EA and we exist to inspire the world to play. We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. Who are the best kinds of people? They’re different. They challenge the status quo. They want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that.
We are seeking to hire an experienced Infrastructure Services Project Manager (Contract). This person will join a team of Product & Program managers who focus on delivering technology solutions that support EA’s business. Our domain spreads across Network and WIFI, Virtualization, Data Center, Compute, Data & Storage, Automation, and Cloud services.
This role is part of EA’s IT organization. The EAIT organization strives to enable better play – for customers and employees alike.
What we are looking for from a Project Manager?
- Work directly with technical delivery leadership to ensure that project requests are shaped up and ready for execution
- Proactively engage technical delivery leadership to ensure commitments remain stable and mitigate where needed
- Ability to build out detailed project plans employing the appropriate delivery approach, e.g. Schedules, resource plans, budgets, communication & change management plans.
- Clearly define trade-offs and work around organizational constraints to drive project decisions
- Data driven
- A “Play-as-One” attitude
- Proactively & creatively communications to convey progress, influence needed decisions, and convey concepts across teams
- Lead with empathy to drive understanding of thinking patterns and perspectives of EA employees
- Lead teams to focus on the “should”, rather than the “could”
- Manage scope and related change management processes
- Set and manage user/customer expectations throughout the project lifecycle
- Proactively manage issues and risks to resolution
- Manage the knowledge transfer from project team to support teams and ensure solutions are stable and supportable
- Build great working relationships within the EA user community
- Use a positive approach to get collaborative work done
- Measure delivery against business outcomes
- Strong project management and implementation experience in the I.T. domain
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multi-task, delegate, and prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business models and Organization structures
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Demonstrate high integrity in dealing with sensitive information
- Apply critical thinking to tackle complex challenges and ambiguous conditions
- Driving, coordinating, in-flight network related installation efforts across our regions
- Planning, executing, studio infrastructure upgrades related to Core, Access Layers, Server Rooms
- Other Infrastructure initiatives as they shape up
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager - IT
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-10 23:19:35.287
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.