Senior Technical Game Designer
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161697
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We want to make great games, and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Designer like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. You will work on an exciting new project at the studio, and report to the Design Line Manager at DICE's Los Angeles office.
- Create and maintain high-quality gameplay components and tools
- Collaborate with other disciplines to implement core game mechanics, ensuring they make for the best possible gameplay experience
- Support and grow your teammates through knowledge-sharing, debugging, training, and writing technical design documentation
- Set priorities and goals for your work, together with important partners
- Help the content team to be more creative, by using their feedback to improve their workflow
- Create long-term plans for content implementation (gameplay systems and tools)
- Develop and advocate best practices to the content team
- Proactively communicate with others, to guide your work forward
- Participate in the critique of your work, and the work of others
- Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
- 5+ years of experience as a technically-oriented game designer, with multiplayer experience
- At least one shipped AAA game
- Expertise in text-based scripting, visual scripting, or other programming languages
- Proficient at debugging
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy problem-solving with a creative team
- Value documentation and healthy communication
- Broad taste in games
Valuable additional skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience developing and managing complex game systems (combat state machines, AI)
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages, and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
- As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.
- Apply online with a resume.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-08 22:04:01.167
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.