Sr. Director, People Experience Business Partner
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161617
Position Title: Sr Director, HR Business Partnership
Sr Director, People Experience Business Partner (HRBP)
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
Entertaining is Our Passion
As one of the world’s largest video game developers and publishers, we have many well-known titles - FIFA, Madden, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Star Wars (Jedi Fallen Order, Battlefront II and Galaxy of Heroes) and Need for Speed, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Challenge Ahead:
Our Sr Director, People Experience Business Partner (HRBP) is accountable for the business partner relationship to drive the talent strategy, workforce plan and people experience roadmap working with senior management within the Marketing and Commercial organization. In this role, the individual will partner with, coach and advise EA executives in attracting, developing and retaining the talent needed to power our future. This role is also expected to take leadership roles on EA-wide People Experience programs/projects to continuously improve the effectiveness of our function.
What the Sr Director, PEBP does at EA:
- Designs a comprehensive Talent Strategy with executive management to ensure successful execution of business objectives. Works in partnership with Centers of Excellence (COE’s) that comprise our Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Management, People Practices and Employee Relations teams in order to develop and facilitate strategic talent solutions from hiring through career progression.
- Change Management & Org Design: Coaches executives and management on planning and communications related to change management initiatives and working through organizational design to drive role clarity at the individual and team level. Defines and drives/facilitates complex change initiatives for client group(s). Educates management and key stakeholders on best practices in change management. Orchestrates full circle review of change impact to ensure change acceptance. Communicates changes and potential impact to wider group of constituents outside of client group.
- Talent and Workforce Planning solutions: Leads effort to identify potential successors for critical roles and leadership positions. Drives initiatives in partnership with respective COE partners to attract, retain, and develop key talent. Establishes clarity about critical roles and develops strategies to address retention risks and skill gaps, ensuring depth of bench strength for key roles across client group. Involved in selection of internal and external talent. Provides direct coaching and mentoring of several key high potentials.
- Culture and Employee Experience: Helps establish and foster an inclusive EA culture, consistently driving improvement in programs, diagnostics, and related training/coaching engagements, in order to develop EAs overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair and equitable workplace. Works closely with the management team and PE team supporting these groups to ensure employees' clarity about EA’s business vision and helps to build a culture of passion for that greater mission.
- Performance, Recognition and Rewards: Creates insightful approaches to employee recognition and rewards; can assess market data to drive optimal compensation decisions, and is innovative about ways outside of compensation to provide meaningful reward and recognition. Is accountable for the successful implementation of the life cycle of the performance and compensation process across all assigned client group(s), this includes being knowledgeable of business unit budgets and demonstrates ability to utilize funds effectively during annual cycle. Shows good judgment in knowing when to advocate out-of-guideline recommendations. Demonstrated ability, with compensation partner, to develop recommendations on executive compensation.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Identifies gaps hindering achievement of business outcomes and ensures business is focused on solving root cause issues. Drives increasingly complex initiatives to improve organization effectiveness. Works across COEs (as applicable) to develop recommended solutions. Coaches, trains and fosters management capability.
- Workforce Analytics and Technology: Identifies key metrics to assess and diagnose the health of the organization. Educates management on headcount planning and related metrics (e.g. span-of-control) to support their business decisions. Applies knowledge of HR metrics and uses data from various tools (e.g. Team Health, Workday, etc.) appropriately to assess and influence / drive business decisions. Consults with management on workforce planning and headcount management for client group.
The next great Sr Director, PEBP also needs to have:
- Minimum experience: Bachelor or Masters Degree in a relevant field plus 12 or more years of progressive success as a senior strategic PE business partner/manager. Proven experience managing and implementing large scale PE programs and/or initiatives across a business unit.
- *Demonstrated success developing high potential PEBP individuals/teams.
- *Knowledge leader, with demonstrated mastery in organizational development/design, change leadership, and overall talent management.
- A business leader, who is equally a builder of PE solutions based on PE best practices, as well as, an astute business member who employs solutions that affect the current and future performance of the business
- Excellent change management skills - comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments.
- Can balance compassion and toughness in coaching others and leading organization - with peers, upwards and with COE partners.
- Good understanding of local employment law, coupled with the ability to gain a high level understanding of territorial employment customs and practices working with EA's worldwide HR team.
- Has a passion for creating healthy organizations, driving transformation and helping culture be a competitive advantage.
- Must have a sense of humor and a drive to win!
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, People Experience Business Partner
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-01 03:50:54.093
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.