Software Engineer - Automation and Configuration
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 161586
Position Title: Software Engineer II
About the Automation and Configuration Management Team
As part of the FIFA group, the team manages the automation and configuration management for the Server-side that uses Java and MySQL . We are looking for a developer who is passionate about solving challenging emergent issues in the development process by creating automation and exploring new technologies. People come to us with complex and loosely-defined problems and ask us to turn them into solutions. We’re often collaborating on problems outside our knowledge area, which requires us to learn new technologies and skills quickly and thrive in ambiguity. Good communication skills are important as interaction with the development teams is essential to secure a high-quality service.
We’re a small team with a great deal of responsibility, which means you’ll learn new technologies and join us as being domain experts in new areas. We are superusers of Perforce, Maven and Jenkins and we are the domain experts of our build scripts and release process.
You can work remotely across Romania.
What will you do:
- Develop and optimize our build automation systems and scripts
- Manage our SCM system, providing support and advising other teams
- Incorporate and implement new technologies and methodologies into our pipeline
- Provide configuration management expertise to the FIFA Server Development team
- You will report to the team manager and join a dynamic team that quickly shifts focus as new requirements arise
We are looking for:
- Knowledge of Java and MySQL.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Groovy, Python, Ant)
- Conceptual knowledge of automated build systems such as Maven, Jenkins, Build Forge or equivalent
- At least one year of programming experience.
- Experience with Change Management, Version Control, Dependency Management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with software development processes and best practices
- Ability to break down complicated problems into manageable components and work well in time-essential situations
- Willing to be trained and gain new skills
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience with ANT/NAnt
- Knowledge of C++, C#
What’s in it for you?
Comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Automation and Configuration
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-29 20:19:30.547
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.