Senior Concept Artist
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 161548
Position Title: Senior Concept Artist
Senior Concept Artist - Maxis
Redwood City, CA / Austin, TX
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
What you'll do?
We are looking for a concept artist possessing a combination of strong traditional art skills and an impeccable design sense. You will be a part of a centralized team of Concept Artists reporting to the Sr. Development Director creating concepts for Maxis, a studio developing a variety of games, each with a unique art style from the iconic The Sims 4 to creating initial visions for new experiences. You will need to nail the existing styles while also exploring different visual treatments for other projects in early development.
- Create awe inspiring imagery that defines the mood and tone for a variety of titles in development at the studio
- Help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art
- Create visual target images together with the Art Director to convey or establish visual direction
- You will work on a broad range of content, including:
- furniture design,
- matte paintings and plates for backdrops.
- Create concepts key art and style guides to support marketing and third-party development
- Create quick sketches to support the visual communication with our art, animation, UX and game design teams
- Help craft style guides and creative briefs for external developers
- Provide feedback and guidance to outside vendors and internal artists
- Paint overs of existing level geometry to guide the work of other artists
- Outstanding design sensibility.
- Deep understanding of lighting, composition, and mood
- Demonstrate storytelling through images.
- Experience developing unique and visually appealing designs.
- Proficiency with cinematic techniques for storyboarding purposes
- Solid sense of industrial design and shape language
- Strong fundamental skills including good use of line, light, shadow, and color.
- Traditional illustration skills in various media and excellent drawing skills.
- Understanding and interest in how and why things are constructed from a designer’s perspective.
- Experience with asset creation from start to finish. Create concept images and spec sheets which call out all relevant information for modelers, texture artist, animators and VFX artists who will develop the final in-game model.
- A strong ability to think in 3D and interpret it through 2D illustrations.
- Comfortable working in many styles, including a style set by another artist or art director.
- Comfortable giving and receiving critiques and partnering with a variety of internal art/production/design disciples
- Able to turn high-level feedback into positive results
- Experience providing feedback to outsourcing vendor artists
- 6+ years of concept experience and multiple shipped video game titles.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Concept Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-02 04:41:03.423
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.