Senior 3D Character Artist
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161525
Position Title: Character Artist 2
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
The Character Artist will be responsible for modeling and texturing real time 3d game art, specializing in character creation. In addition, the artist will also be responsible for adhering to proper organization and hierarchies within their art to building clean and efficient geometry. The artist should possess the ability to both model and texture human and non-human characters evenly and be able to develop and follow requirements of a style guide. As a Character Artist you will build game content including Modeling, UV mapping, and texturing of items per technical and aesthetic specification. You will work closely with the Art Director to make sure items work following the tech spec and art style.
- Sculpt high-resolution and game-ready characters in multiple styles including photoreal and stylized
- Create clean game topology, UV’s and textures
- Deliver feedback to external partners and internal team members
- Setup character renders for mockups and marketing
- Work with rigging artist and animator to ensure character assets are built to animate well in-game
- Research and understand real world reference
- Assist in character concept and design
- Understand, develop, and iterate on unique art style
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight and silhouette
- Mastery of stylization including proportion, edge treatment, and material definition
- Strong Maya or similar 3D modeling software
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush or similar
- Expert knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Expert texture creation skills using Photoshop
- Understanding of rigging and skinning
- Basic knowledge of optimization
- Eye for lighting, shade, color and detail
- Avid gamer a plus
Enjoy EA Industrial Toys studio benefits of:
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
- Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
- EV charging
- Motorized sit-stand desks
- Private wellness room
Community / Marketing Title: Senior 3D Character Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-23 22:04:23.1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.