Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 161389
Position Title: DD I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
A Development Director (DD), ensures the delivery of a game feature on time and within budget. The DD oversees the project schedule, hiring, and manages the team to bring to a high standard
- Manage a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and Designers. Work with feature development teams with to lock down requirements and specifications.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make trade-offs, and guide initial partner deployments.
- Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency
- Focus on immediate team and identifies team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals.
- Ensure each projects setup meets the specifications with Studio.
- Provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Track and implement project improvement plans to promote team efficiency.
- Determine engagement practices: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
- Mentor individual contributors within project team
- Ensure all have professional development plans. Conduct regular one-on-ones.
What skills does EA look for?
An EA Development Director will have at a minimum: 7 years of experience in a software development environment, 5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience, and 2 or more years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, processes and projects planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment.
- Perforce, and Visio
- Experience working on console development
- Experience working with broad teams.
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-21 19:57:58.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.