Associate Quality Designer - FUEL
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161359
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Do you want to help build the highest quality products at EA Sports? Do you have a passion for identifying what makes something amazing and how it could be improved?
At EA a Associate Quality Designer is responsible for executing a Quality Assurance strategy on an assigned feature or subset of features in an embedded environment. You will focus on collaborating with a team of talented QA professionals to provide QA support upstream in the development process, with the ultimate goal of containing or reducing the amount of defects in the product.
EA are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Deliver technical, quantitative and qualitative feedback on assigned features to the development team, be the voice of quality for the project.
- Execute pre-integration build verification and reporting processes, along with content testing strategies using development tools.
- Utilize various testing methodologies on appropriate features/tools, while also analyzing feature sets to find opportunities for automation.
- Use telemetry to augment test requirements and plans.
- Craft or utilize existing tools to improve and measure QA efficiency, quantifies efforts.
- Brings together and updates key project and test knowledge through wikis, documents etc.
- Test case creation from design documentation or feature expertise.
- Work with onsite and offsite teams to help drive the title to quality.
- Develop and build strong working relationships with development teams and execute a development QA support strategy during development.
- Dedicated, flexible, and able to adapt QA process to the critical needs of partner teams.
- Understands concepts of defect prevention and defect containment.
- Experienced with Grey/White box testing in development environments.
- Understands the value of automated testing and knows how to appropriately approach usage.
- Familiar with common automation toolsets, EA proprietary tools are a plus.
- Able to collect and transcribe quantitative data in forming risk assessments, generating solutions and raise to applicable partners.
- Active listener with both peers and partners, can drive conversations, and supports team participation.
- Analyzes personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and raises potential improvements.
- Strong observational skills, analytical, and focused on detail.
- 3+ Years of QA testing experience, with 2 years within embedded environments.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer - FUEL
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-10 21:40:58.647
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.