User Experience Researcher
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161342
Position Title: Researcher
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You are probably familiar with many of our titles— FIFA, NHL, EA Sports UFC, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Star Wars, Madden, and The Sims, to name a few. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for user researchers who have a passion for evaluating the gaming experience. You are motivated and excited to be part of an accomplished and advanced team shaping the future of EA games. Apply your passion for research and digital entertainment to the development of fun and creative gaming experiences. Conduct strategic research to help increase the quality of EA’s products, and work with design and production teams to integrate usability and user research into the development process.
- Conduct user research activities for EA sports products
- Analyze applicable data from different research methods
- Work with game teams to understand franchise goals and strategies
- Communicate research results to game teams, provide recommendations and ongoing design consultation
- Develop long-term user research plans for EA’s AAA titles and mobile titles
- Identify research opportunities that impact users understanding, product design and quality
- Apply and tailor methods for assessing user engagement, user behavior, meaningful social interactions, and use of entertainment products
- Create new methodologies relevant to each product’s unique gameplay and sensibility
- Contribute to the development of departmental research processes
- Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product planners, market researchers, producers) to produce insights which improve the trajectory of their product work
Qualifications & Skills:
- An advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive, etc.), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of industry experience in research design, fluent in multiple methodologies (e.g. Correlational, Causal-Comparative/Quasi-Experimental, Experimental Research, Survey Research, Field Studies, Contextual Inquiry, Questionnaire Development, Usability Studies, and Competitive Bench-marking, etc.)
- Experience in information design, game development principles, or consumer or entertainment software industry desirable
- Statistical experience and data modeling desired
- Strong communicate skills
- Ability to travel
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Employee discounts
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Free breakfast provided daily
- Casual dress code
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home friendly
This is a temporary, full-time position with EA
Community / Marketing Title: User Experience Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-08 20:58:45.35
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.