Senior World Artist
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161330
Position Title: Senior Environment Artist
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that to achieve our best one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking a Sr. World Artist who is passionate about creating compelling environments and is eager to join us in our desire to push quality to the next level. You will report to the Studio Line Director.
As a Sr. World Artist you will be responsible for:
Work task examples:
- Create, edit, and optimize realistic 3D environments
- Create a variety of models (structures, terrain, props) from photo reference and concept
- Partner with design team to support encounters, narrative elements and goals
- Conduct photo reference shoots
- Provide artistic guidance to internal artists
Skills We Look For:
- Expert knowledge of Maya or similar 3D modeling software
- Strong sense of scene composition
- Solid experience with how environments affect gameplay
- Superior eye for lighting, color and detail
- Experience working with physically based rendering
- Experience finding solutions from a visual, production, and technical perspective
- Passion for pushing asset fidelity and refining production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- The ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio or show reel.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior World Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-10 00:43:52.153
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.