Game Director (Producer) - Sports Mobile
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161176
Position Title: Producer II
Game Director – EA SPORTS MOBILE
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we’re looking for creative game developers in the world to help us become the world’s #1 mobile gaming company. Mobile is the future of our industry and the future of our company. Our mobile team is growing fast, with 17 exciting studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles like FIFA, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Madden, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, and the Sims.
Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication is what makes us tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining mobile titles in the world. Come and see for yourself, the future is here.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for a stellar Game Director to join our team. You will be hands-on in supporting the development process, including design, production, build reviews, and QA and will report to our Executive Producer for mobile sports games. The Game Director will have specific focus on maximizing the performance and driving creativity and delivery for specific titles within the EA Sports Mobile portfolio.
What the Game Director will Achieve at EA:
- Direct the development of multiple teams in building a portfolio of digital products.
- Cultivate a great development organization: manage talent, provide a clear direction, inspire and motivate teams, and be accountable for the results achieved.
- Oversee development efforts and keep development on schedule; accountable for meeting production budgets, schedules and deadlines for product-related materials; coordinate resources throughout the company to ensure completion of the products; ensure that outside developers meet milestones and receive all necessary technical information
- Once products have launched, you'll oversee the teams that operate live services live services. Work with Production, Product Management, Analytics, and Digital Marketing resources to make important daily/weekly decisions in providing the right mix of features, content, and investment into the live services on an ongoing basis to increase growth and profitability for each digital service in the portfolio
- Represent all products in the portfolio in communications. This includes delivering presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with stakeholders, licensors, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
- At a senior-level, serve as a mentor and business resource to other producers, helping them resolve complex problems or leading them on larger projects; evaluating product designs.
- Support the General Manager as a contributing member of the EA Mobile Management Team, contributing to strategic planning and decision making for the EA MOBILE Business Unit.
The next great Game Director needs:
- 7+ years’ experience as a Producer, managing large teams within the video game industry (Software Engineers, Artists, Designers, Audio Specialists, Senior Project Managers, Associate Producers )
- 7+ years’ experience executing game project plans
- 7+ years’ experience leading teams to success; an ability to know what types of products will sell and what won't sell and can assess the feasibility of producing a new product;
- Successful track record in the development of high profile entertainment and software products
- In addition to these foundational production skills and experiences, you would have a handle on established and emerging business models, and experience driving digital console development and a passion for gaming and building games on mobile platforms.
Community / Marketing Title: Game Director (Producer) - Sports Mobile
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-26 02:09:03.053
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.