Concept Artist (contract)
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161144
Position Title: Contingent
Concept Artist - The Sims 4 (contract)
Term: 6 months
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
This is a role for a concept artist possessing a combination of strong traditional art skills with impeccable design skills.
Our game has a unique stylized art style so you need to be able to flawlessly execute the existing style. Equally as important is your ability to design new and appealing real world assets (furniture, clothing, etc.).
Your job is to make sure that the assets we build for the game are well designed and visually appealing. Your tasks might include high-level environment explorations, development of a new furniture suite, fashion design, or developing a new architectural style. You need to have an understanding of historical styles, and an ability to blend multiple styles or reinterpret them in a fresh and aesthetically pleasing manner.
You also need to have a strong attention to detail to excel at this position. Our assets have technical requirements which you need to take into consideration when creating new designs.
- Outstanding design sensibility. You need to have the ability to develop unique and visually appealing designs for furniture, fashion, environment, and architecture. You don’t need to be an expert in each of these areas, but you should be an expert in at least 1-2, and feel comfortable working in each.
- Understanding and an interest in how and why things are constructed, from a designer’s perspective.
- Strong understanding of asset creation from start to finish. You understand how to create concept images and spec sheets which call out all pertinent information for modelers, texture artist, animators and VFX artists who will work on the final in-game model.
- Very strong traditional illustration skills in a variety of media as well as excellent drawing skills. Matte painting experience is a plus.
- A strong ability to think in 3D.
- Environment and component ideation and design.
- Strong fundamental skills including good use of line, light, shadow and color.
- Storytelling and concept development.
- Ability to work within specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director.
- Comfortable giving and receiving critiques.
- 4+ years of concept experience.
- Multiple shipped video game titles.
- Experience providing feedback to outsourced vendor artists is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Concept Artist (contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-29 16:50:25.397
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.