Group Technical Director
Multiple Locations: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden • Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 161110
Position Title: Technical Director II
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise with the widely acclaimed Battlefield V being the latest installment.
The Opportunity Ahead
Do you want to make making games better? As a Group Technical Director in the European Quality Engineering team, reporting to the Senior QV Director and part of the worldwide Quality Verification organization, you will play a crucial role in improving the way we make and test games across the European Studios portfolio and the global EA Partners’ group.
We're looking for a curious, and passionate person who is always looking for ways to improve the quality of life for QA, developers, and the ultimate game quality experience for our players. Your insights and your influence will allow us to make the highest quality games possible and have fun whilst doing it.
Using automated testing, workflow tools, and data insights your team make it as easy as possible to create and test high-quality games, you will help ensure that the game will always be stable through all stages of development.
- Create technical strategies to ensure effective QV engagements across multiple simultaneous groups and projects.
- Guide the quality development discipline forwards as part of the global quality technical council and the worldwide Quality Verification organization.
- Participate in the Quality Verification planning and strategies for each product within the European Studios and EA Partners teams.
- Ensure the excellence of our embedded and in-sourced tools development services.
- Oversee all project requirements, risks, and essential paths.
- Promote achievement of the Quality Engineering team’s business goals and develop policies for sharing software, technological innovation, business processes and other intellectual property.
- Help create a strong technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
- Maintain awareness of outside practices and central programs that can be used. Bring this knowledge to bear, acting as the technical knowledge consultant informing the QV strategies for European Studios and EA Partner Studios as a whole.
- Ensure that all team members are provided with opportunities to achieve business and personal goals.
- Participate in recruitment, training, and mentorship of engineers and leaders to enhance individual effectiveness and professional growth.
- Craft and provide presentations, training sessions, and demonstrations of the tools and quality practices you have defined
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 10 years’ technology industry technical experience working on tools, test automation, and software development.
- At least 4 years’ technology industry technical experience working on PC or console video games.
- Professional experience with C++, C#, SQL, and the use of scalable, and distributed systems.
- Project management skills demonstrated by the ability to determine tasks and their requirements across multiple projects and locations.
- Effective leadership and partner management experience, especially with distributed teams.
- Able to travel.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Community / Marketing Title: Group Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-28 12:50:22.127
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.