Infrastructure Program Manager (Contract)
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States • Colorado, United States
Requisition Number: 161044
Position Title: Contingent
Infrastructure Program Manager (Contractor)
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Our games are played everywhere in the world — in countries as diverse as the USA, Germany, Russia, Brazil, South Korea, and the Emirates — on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s, etc.) and support a wide range of business models.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform organization is focused on the process, tools, and self-service capability to help online service teams to operate in a thoughtful cloud operating model. This requires providing an industry-leading cloud platform that provides the best experience from development to production operations for our game and service engineering teams. This enables our operations team to manage and scale a broad set of titles and supporting services with outstanding visibility and operability while controlling costs and addressing security requirements.
The Infrastructure Program Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of programs and projects supporting our physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure for our partners and game titles. Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership, and oversight of assigned programs / projects;
- Understanding, and evangelizing Strategic Context to all project Stakeholders;
- Direction setting, leadership and overall coordination for cross-team project deliverables;
- Monitoring, and maintaining project execution plans, resource plans, and project budgets ensuring timely project delivery while meeting defined On-time and On-Quality standards;
- Project Delivery: Manages the project lifecycle in accordance with the PMO methodology, paying careful attention to project scope and objectives (change management), detailed project timelines, resource plans, and budget consumption. Monitors internal and external dependencies between related projects. Performs value/benefit realization analysis;
- Issue & Risk Management: leads identification and resolution of risks and issues, including escalation management when required;
- Project Reporting/Communications: Reports the status and progress of programs and projects to the PMO, project team and Stakeholders. Provides periodic program health assessments;
- Financial Management: Oversees various administrative activities that maintain financial compliance, and tracks and reports on the budget and ROI;
- Quality Management: Ensures Quality standards and procedures are defined/identified and adhered to for all projects. Conducts defined project phase reviews throughout the lifecycle of project;
- Cross-team Execution: Ensures project teams are effective (working model, trained, etc.). Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage external and internal resources as “one team” to deliver initiatives. Facilitates collaboration among teams in the global environment. Facilitates collaboration among project managers within the program, ensuring visibility into their mutual dependencies.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- BS in Computer Science or comparable technical degree, or commensurate experience.
- Experience with Infrastructure and Cloud deployments and migrations across data center related technologies (eCommerce, Network, Security, Systems Administration, Database Administration, Storage).
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
- Experience with documentation and work tracking tools like: Confluence, GitLab, JIRA, Teams/Sharepoint, Workfront, Hansoft.
- Experience working with multiple teams and partners across organizations.
- Delivery track record across multiple large-scale cross group programs.
- For your scope, able to bring clarity and ensure shared understanding across teams.
- Create enthusiasm and an environment where everyone can do great work.
- Passionate about achieving goals and obtaining results.
- Aim to bring imagination, original ideas, and excitement to everything you do.
- Pioneer and act with the curiosity and courage that it takes to experiment and try new things.
- Listen and be open to new ways of thinking.
- Teamwork and being committed to each other
- Speak up when needed and be a collaborator.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills: detail oriented.
- Ability to translate business issues into system solutions, with a demonstrated proficiency in evolving and managing systems development.
- Understanding of and a passion for the digital gaming space would be considered a huge plus.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and tailors interaction and communication styles to be effective.
Community / Marketing Title: Infrastructure Program Manager (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-18 15:52:34.787
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.