Sr Concept Artist
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 161022
Position Title: Senior Concept Artist
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to
- Re-imagine a Star Wars mobile product from the ground up
- Determine a new model of game development
As part of this team, you will report into the Studio Art Director and work in close collaboration with game design, UX, engineering and operations.
Who you are:
You will create many concept art from sketches to paintings, storyboards, mood-boards, animatics, and paint-overs to support art, design, gameplay, and storytelling. You may also manage marketing campaigns and toolkits.
What you’ll do:
- Help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art
- Key art & style guides for marketing and third-party development
- Matte paintings and plates for backdrops in levels and cut scenes
- Style guides for outsourcing briefs
- Create quick sketches to support the visual communication with our art, animation, ux and game design teams
- May need to provide feedback and guidance to outside vendors and internal artists
- Experience creating designs to be translated into 3D
- You will design and illustrate everything from characters to environments to mechanical designs and more
Your Background Includes:
- An artistic eye and understanding of multiple visual media and techniques
- Broad knowledge of composition, perspective, color theory, anatomy, real-world materials, and lighting
- Solid Adobe Photoshop skills beyond painting, including photo manipulation, graphic design and print output
- Intermediate typography and graphic design knowledge
- Familiarity with at least one 3D software package to use 3D as a foundation for paint work and pre-viz
- Basic video knowledge for pre-visualization of storyboards
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills
- Take ownership and responsibility, and be reliable in your delivery
- Act with seniority, in behavior and structure
- Coach peers, share knowledge
- 5 years game industry experience, shipped 2 or more AAA titles for mobile or console
- Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
- Knowledge and passion for the Star Wars Universe
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined CV and portfolio, only applications with a portfolio will be considered.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Concept Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-14 21:58:28.3
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.