Java Software Engineer II - Content Engine
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 160903
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organization drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is essential to making the industry’s best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
What a Software Engineer II, Content Engine does at EA:
You will report to a Sr Manager Engineering as part of a team of dedicated engineers. This unique role will be perfect for someone who likes to find new ways of constructing systems to power the content of EA’s games like Battlefield and services like Origin and EA Access to name a few. We build systems and tools that support the knowledge base for EA used by our customers. You are excited by the idea of working with the latest graph databases and inference engines, doing DevOps with providers like AWS and developing scalable solutions. You will develop expertise spanning platform technologies, infrastructure technologies, and game engine and client technology across EA’s broad portfolio of mobile, console and PC games.
- Be part of the technology team that develops the services that power our customers to publish and consume content data in creative and flexible ways with performance scalability in mind.
- Build medium to large features end-to-end by designing, planning, estimating, breaking down work, implementing and testing.
- Produce the primary system quality attributes relating to product architecture, such as performance, scalability, security and reliability
- Work with Product management and game teams to gather the requirements to form the core foundation for all the in-house test tools and techniques
- Guide the brainstorming on the new products, tools, and services required by EADP teams & Game Teams
- Evaluate latest technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products
- Hands-on in Coding and Testing and Deployment in large-scale environments.
- Experience building outstanding web applications, especially in a distributed system.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher
- 4+ years of relative experience
- Have experience building applications in an agile environment.
- A background in Data Structures, Algorithms, Design patterns, analysis of algorithm complexity and efficient implementation of complex algorithms
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems, automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, test harnesses, integration and deployment.
- Development experience with graph databases (MarkLogic, Neptune, Neo4j) is a definite plus.
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Azure is a definite plus.
- Come from a product development background (desirable).
- Previous startup like experience would be helpful
Community / Marketing Title: Java Software Engineer II - Content Engine
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-29 22:33:08.783
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.